DLM Forum Members Meeting – Brussels, Belgium, November 16 and 17, 2010
Users – Adoption, Needs & Benefits of Records Management
DLM Forum and the National Archives of Belgium have the pleasure of inviting to this autumn's members meeting. The meeting will be held in Brussels, November 16 and 17, and will be hosted by the National Archives of Belgium.
The meeting will address:
- User adoption of records management is the biggest challenge for successful Records Management – what tools, training and support do they need?
- Users ask: what is the difference between Document Management and Records Management?
- What new competencies does a Records Manager need as the demand for Corporate Records Management changes? ...
- User requires answers to "Why is Records Management or how Records Management can become beneficial in undertaking my daily work?"
- Users are aware that compliance bodies demands & regulator directives from government and regulators is driving the need for improving Information Practices in financial markets, pharmaceutical and other highly regulated industries. Users need guidance on how RM supports this legislation
The meeting takes place at:
THE DOMINICAN Hotel, Rue Léopold / Leopoldstraat 9, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Phone +32 (0)2 203 08 08, Fax +32 (0)2 203 08 07
MoReq2 Translators Meeting arranged for February 5, 2010
The European Commission has arranged a meeting of MoReq2 translators for February. The meeting will be held in the European Commission's Berlaymont building in Brussels.
The purpose of this meeting is to provide information, share experiences and obtain feedback from translators. The meeting will be attended by representatives of the DLM Forum and the MoReq Governance Board and will provide an opportunity to discuss problems and issues related to the translation of MoReq2 and the writing of a Chapter Zero.
The invitation, provisional programme and directions to the Berlaymont building can be obtained from the DLM Forum event downloads.
Those attending are asked to confirm by January 15, 2010.
DLM Spring Meeting and AGM, Madrid, May 25 & 26, 2010
DLM Spring Meeting programme has been published with a Challenging Theme "Consolidation and New Ventures and Demands". This members meeting is building on DLM initiatives and workplace issues with an agenda that:
- Presents a number of successful/diverse MoReq adoption programmes,
- Reports on the progress of the innovative MoReq 2010 programme,
- Provides a platform for discussion on “eRM Standards at a cross-roads” – ISO & MoReq converging ?
- Assesses the challenges of SharePoint’s contribution & positioning in Corporate Records Management
- Update on the DLM Interoperability initiative
- Views on RM in the workplace
- MoReq Educational/Academic Programmes reviewed
- Panel discussion on setting up a network of MoReq Testing Centres
We hope see you there as members; or colleagues who would like to gain an appreciation of the work the DLM are undertaking and meet with colleagues from across Europe.
The programme and registration form can be found on the downloads page.